Lets Party: EDC 2010
Jun 24th, 2010
That’s right you crazy ravers! It’s time for the 2010 Electric Daisy Carnival! Los Angeles’ craziest dance music festival. With nearly 100k people in attendance, EDC has proved time and time again that it’s the party to be at. This year’s festival will take place this Friday and Saturday, June 25th-26th, at Exposition Park and Memorial Coliseum. Performers at this year’s fest include: Deadmau5, Swedish House Mafia, Stevie Aoki, MSTRKRFT, Travis x A-Trak, LA Riots,Will.I.AM, Armin Van Buuren, Moby, Z-Trip, Groove Armada, Boyz Noize, Chuckie, Infected Mushroom, and many, many more.
For those of you who have never attended EDC before, I offer these words of advice.
1. Bring good vibes.
2. Bring lots of cash to avoid ATM service fees
3. Pick a meeting spot for you and your friends before you enter the festival. (It’s almost impossible to find anyone if you don’t know where they are.)
4. If you want to be on the floor of the Coliseum for performances by artist such as: Deadmau5, Swedish House Mafia, Kaskade, Will.I.Am, Above and Beyond, and Armin Van Buuren make sure to arrive early! Access to the floor is not guaranteed, and is only available for a short part of the night.
5. If you plan on jumping around from stage to stage throughout the weekend, make sure to leave a lot of extra time to get there. The large crowd makes it difficult to get from Point A to Point B in a timely manner. (I personally prefer staying at one stage for the night. This year you will be able to find me at the Dimmak Cosmic Meadow Stage.)
6. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!
7. If you see someone in trouble (Falling over, having a hard time walking, passed out, being taken advantage of, ect.), don’t be afraid to help them out.
8. Go with the flow, plans are made to be broken.
9. Buy tons of glow sticks at the 99 Cent store!
10. Have a whole bunch of fun.